Improving security & maintenance of ATM system using Internet of Things (IoT)
The client is a reputed manufacturer of ATM machines and other automated equipment with a large client list and wide service network that spans the whole country. As a reputed OEM with an esteemed band name, they wish offer value addition to their products
The Problem Outline
The client wanted to add value to their range of ATM machines which were being supplied to major client across the nation. They wanted a solution for the remote monitoring of ATMs. The following were identified as their pain points.
- They need to monitor the location of the ATM machines in real time (with GPS tech)
- The ATM users want to know the nearest ATM via the mobile app
- Quick TAT for any faults improves customer experience
- Continuous surveillance for security reasons
The Solution Summary
The application we offered can instantly monitor critical parameters along with its trends for easy data-based (informed) decision making. The software application will run on 24×7 basis and in real-time on the IoT platform provided by us. The benefits of the solution provided are:
- Client can monitor location of the ATM machine online
- Decreases security hazards by monitoring in real-time
- Help to know the trend of faults and improvement done
- Increase the machine health and reduce the maintenance which comes under warranty
- Time and Cost Saving for the company
- Performance of the assets easily analysed and reports compiled instantly
Outcome / Result
- Remote surveillance offers 24×7 visibility on remote sites, identifies abnormalities and access
- Instant notification on abnormalities and hazards
- Monitor on-site movement of service personnel.
- Remote monitoring of machine health
- Helps in energy management of assets.
We Check feasibility and do a Proof of Concept to help the client to decide. This customised automated IIoT solution when deployed runs on a single unified software platform which is cloud hosted. Purpose based sensors monitor numerous parameters remotely to generate data for remote diagnostics and analytics. It improves product development for the OEM, improving post sales experience.